Hi, I’m Belinda.
I’m vegan and live in Sydney, Australia.
I love cooking.
I love being vegan.
I feel strongly about justice and respect for all animals.
I like to plant seeds.
This is my little piece of the web where these things can merge. I also work in online communications and have a background in graphic design, but this is my non-professional blog. Oh, my star sign is INTJ.
What’s your point?
Perhaps I can connect with and learn from other vegans too. Perhaps I can quell some misconceptions about vegans (I had ‘em once), or help those new to veganism or considering the change. Who knows.
What do you write about?
I blog about what I’ve been doing lately and generally my experience living vegan. This might include things I’ve been cooking, new or interesting products or books I’ve found, or vegan-friendly restaurants or cafes I’ve visited too.
While veganism is more than just eating a plant-based diet (see definition), home cooking does feature prominently… both because I enjoy it and the food is so flipping brilliant!
I’m vegan for ethical reasons and also write about, or link to, interesting advocacy or animal rights stuff I come across. Make no mistake, there are so many talented, smart vegans out there and there’s always a new perspective to be shared.
Of course there may be other miscellany thrown in. This is my little space after all… I make no promises.
Hey, Twitter folk!
If I’ve followed you on Twitter and you’re vegan – howdy comrade! *waves* Let’s tweet sometime!
If I’ve followed and you’re not into animal rights or veganism – howdy! *waves*
If you haven’t met me in real life, you may be a little confused as to why I’m following you. You may even be concerned you’re about to get harangued by one of those animal rights nutters.
Fear not, I don’t bite (that’s an obvious one), I’m not into PETA and I certainly don’t spout obscenities at non-vegans. Actually, I’m non-violent and generally quite reserved.
You just probably have something to say that interests me. There may be a common thread related to my day-job or the area we live for instance. Simple!
Follow back if you like, or not.
Legals, disclaimer and stuff
- This is my website, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too.
- My views are mine also and have nothing even remotely to do with my employer/s, past, present or future.
- I accept no responsibility for anything unfortunate that happens to you after visiting here, reading my blog or using your computer (mobile, tablet-thingo whatever). I may empathise though.
- Also if you make a recommended recipe and you don’t like it, it’s not my fault. We’re all different and I like olives. You should really try to like them, but I understand they may be an acquired taste for some. Again, empathy.
- I respect critical thought and appreciate we may have slightly different, or (shock-horror) even polar opposite views. I welcome debate – freedom of thought and all that. However, if you make a comment that I consider to be spammy, defamatory or just plain mean and nasty, I reserve the right not to publish, delete and report it as is my want. Refer to point 1.